Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Three pickers. I met a fan today.

Usually when I go to work as a solid surface countertop repair fabricator, the people are not usually Bluegrass musicfans and if we do have anything in common with each other it is usually not music. Don't get me wrong, I meet tons of great people all the time through my profession, just not all that many Bluegrass music fans.

Anyway, like I often do, I asked this guy if he happened to be a banjo player. I ask a lot of my customers that just in case I find one that is and maybe I can get them to teach me something or just pick one for me.

This guy said that he is not a banjo player but he did like bluegrass and had a chance to go see Ricky Skaggsand Doc Watsonand Earl Scruggs a few years back. He was fumbling around trying to remember what they called it and he said the "three tenors of bluegrass." I laughed my butt off and then explained that it was The Three Pickers

We talked it up for a while and I told him that I was within hours of being able to go to that show but my mom was coming to town and I didn't get to go. It was about a year later when I saw the concert on PBS and it was incredible and one of the best ever. I had no idea that it was the concert that I had missed until I was half way through the show and my wife blurted out that we were almost there. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

Bluegrass CD's

No comments: