Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Yesterday sucked

Yesterday sucked. I had to drive all the way down past Charlotte to go to work. I am a solid surface countertop repair man. I had a customer that wanted me to come there and repair some cracks in his countertop.

Normally, I call my customers the night before an appointment if the job is a long ways off. This time I forgot to call the night before. I called the customer in the morning when I was ready to leave. I didn't get an answer so I left him a message and told him I was going to hit the road and that I hoped he remembered our appointment because I had a long ride ahead of me.

Well, 2 hours and 100 miles later I arrived. Nobody's home. I knocked and knocked and called his home phone, mobile phone and walked over to his neighbors house to see if they knew how to reach him and they were not home either.

Some days if you show up and there's nobody home it might be okay. This time it sucked becaused I had to spend $50.00 in my gas guzzling work van to make the trip and I was counting on the money I was going to make so I could pay a couple of major important bills. Oh well, now I'll pay them later.

The cool part of it is that while I was standing there hot, real hot, tired and discouraged, I asked God to send me some more work because my work load was getting thin and my bills are not. Then, on the way home while I was stuck in traffic on 77N coming out of statesville, the phone rang and it was someone needing me to come there that afternoon and scope a new project that they wanted me to help them with. It's a pretty darn big job too.

So now, I'm going to go get ready for work. Come to think about it, I guess yesterday did not suck after all. "Perspective boy, I say keep it in perspective boy!"

No comments: